CALA Homes appointed JLES Central as the Specialist Contractor on this site to complete all outstanding highway & sewer works, so the scheme could be processed to adoption.
This project with one of our long-term clients was awarded on a consult and construct basis. Our position as Main Contractor, Managing Agent and Technical Consultant allowed us to support our client and push this scheme to adoption. All residents were satisfied following completion of the project as well as the Adopting Authority, Worcestershire County Council.
• Completion of binder course replacement.
• Final surfacing completion.
• Extensive traffic management.
• Rectified issues with BT box/ducts to obtain developer rebate.
• Western Power Distribution diversion works to allow the construction of a new footway.
• Completion of street lighting repair works.
• Manhole chamber remedial works.
• Sewer & highway drainage traditional dig down repairs.
• SuDS easement management & maintenance.
• Large Estate Completion project consisting of extensive highway and sewer remedial works and final surfacing to the entire development.
• Lump sum, fixed cost contract to achieve maintenance of the S38 & S104 agreements.
• Client only invoiced upon Local Authority & Water Companies written acceptance.
• Resident liaison and customer care package.
• Consultancy and technical support to satisfy Severn Trent Waters and Worcestershire County Councils design requirements.
• The development had been built 1 year prior to JLES commencing work on the site, so in-depth liaisons & investigation works were required to determine WCC’s essential features for adoption.
• Due to the development only having one point of access and egress, extensive resident liaisons were required to ensure the binder course and final surfacing were completed with minimal disruption and complying with all health and safety requirements.
• Several driveways on the development were not constructed to the correct spec, JLES completed a set of trial holes to identify the current construction condition.
"We appointed JLES on a fixed fee basis to drive through the adoption of a difficult large scale legacy project. They managed the entirety of the road and sewer adoptions process on time, and to the satisfaction of both CALA and the adopting authorities, without any hidden additional costs."
"JLES have successfully undertaken a demanding residential estate completion project at Hagley on behalf of Cala Homes. The works were completed to adoptable standards in a timely and professional manner, despite Covid restrictions, and included significant liaison with existing residents and strict accordance to Health & Safety standards all undertaken successfully despite the restrictive working requirements. Many thanks for your assistance on this scheme."