JLES is a multi-disciplined, technical engineering company offering consultancy services and construction solutions to public and private sector clients across the UK.
Our Services are broken down into 3 main areas of expertise:
With over 30,000 un-adopted sites across the UK, JLES have developed our Adoption Management System to support developers with any backlog schemes they still have on their books. Our key aim is to provide our clients with a ‘lump sum, fixed fee’ quotation to secure maintenance/adoption of each scheme, including all required technical, legal, consultancy and remedial works. We are a specialist in the adoption/vesting of highways (section 38, 278 or 111), sewers (Section 102, 104 or 185), Pump Stations and Public Open Space.
JLES undertake a ‘free of charge’ desk-based review and report including:
• Review of information provided by client.
• Initial contact with Adopting Authority to check status from their records.
• Production of email report containing findings and recommendations to proceed with the adoption.
• Quotation to undertake an essential Investigation Works
JLES undertake any essential site investigations works (site specific) and review all technical, consultancy and legal requirements to secure adoption. Upon completion of the investigation works, we issue our client with a detailed Adoption Solution Report. These works may include:
• Liaison with Adopting AuthorityUndertake visual inspection of highways with Local Council.
• Undertake visual inspection of Manholes with Council or Water Company (highway drainage or Section 104)
• CCTV survey of sewersStreet testing provision of NICEIC certificates.
• Core samples or trial pits in highwaysAs-built surveys.
• Review legals inc. sewer and WAF easements, service verge issues etc.
• Review status of agreements, technical approval, and engrossments Design amendments and CAD work.
• Review all technical and legal requirements
Site remedial works
• Manhole remedials and sewer length excavations.
• Pump stations works.
• Specialist sewers lining.
• Highways remedials and final surfacing.
• Street lighting works.
• Service diversions and utility works.
• Water box works.
Technical and consultancy
• Liaison with Adopting Authority and coordination of interim inspections.
• Resident liaison throughout project.
• Site surveys and drawings
• Support with agreements (104, 102, 185, 38, 37, 278, 111)
• Production of adoption documentation (CDM file, PS manuals etc)
• Health and safety reviews.
• Managing legal works including 3rd party liaison.
• Internal Solicitor.
• New and retrospective Easements.
• Land transfer and conveyancing.
• Service verge issues.
• Liaison with Adopting Authority.
• Any outstanding technical works.
• Produce site inventory (as required)
• Obtain Maintenance or Adoption Certificate
Our engineers begin by undertaking initial liaisons with the Adopting Party, this gives us an idea of the projects current position and helps us ascertain the scope of required investigation works which will be required, this stage is usually free of charge.
The investigation work outlined in stage 1 is carried out to discover the extent of required adoption works and to ascertain the fixed fee cost to complete the full project. Our engineers provide a comprehensive adoption solution report with a guaranteed fixed fee cost to reach achieve adoption.
Following the client’s instruction, our engineer’s mange the completion of all required works identified in the Adoption Solution Report. We will then obtain written confirmation of satisfaction from the Adopting Party which confirms the project is acceptable for adoption.
Our team will submit an application to the Adopting Party and obtain formal certification to confirm adoption has taken place, which discharges the clients’ responsibilities and allowing cancellation of the associated bonds.
In order to help our clients avoid a backlog of adoption projects, JLES can be appointed as your ‘specialist contractor’ during the construction phase of the development. Not only can we support your technical team with securing technical approval, executing agreements or liaising with the adopting authority, but we offer ‘fixed cost’ quotations to act as your managing agent and contractor for the estate completion works.
• Single contractor for all site works
• Complete works ‘right first time’
• JLES are Main Contractor
• JLES act as Principle Contractor
• Leading experts in adoption agreements and works
• Qualified engineers project manage all schemes
• Management of multi-phase developments
• Ensuring all works completed in correct sequence
• Fixed cost linked to Adopting Authority sign-off
• Allows site managers to leave site earlier
• Progress site straight to maintenance
• Earlier bond reductions
• Fixed fee costs for all works
Although highway and sewer adoptions are inherently challenging due to the multi-faceted requirements on each individual scheme, the difficulty escalates significantly on Joint Venture and Consortium developments where various developers are involved. JLES can act as lead agent and contractor for all developers on these schemes, ensuring there is a single point of contact for all developers and providing a logical programme for estate completions and adoption work that helps to mitigate the impact of land locking on individual sites/phases.
• Single contractor acting on behalf of all developers
• Key contact and single point managing agent
• Co-ordination between all parties
• Avoid delays and land locking issues
• Liaison with all 3rd parties
• Specialist in adoption and estate completion work