Albion Gate is Taylor Wimpey’s new-build development of three & four-bedroom homes. Shortly after completion of the development, it was reported that the Surface Water sewer network had not been constructed in an approved material. JLES engaged in extensive sewer remedial work so the sewers would meet the requirements of the adoption specification.
Due to the extent of sewer works required, none of the highway surfacing or estate completion works had been carried out, so Lancashire County Council were unable to approve the adoption. JLES commenced work on a consult and construct, fixed fee basis, confident that all required works would be completed to the relevant adoption standards.
• Extensive sewer replacements involving relay of the surface water sewer network throughout the entire development due to incorrect pipe material being used upon initial completion.
• Liaisons and negotiations with United Utilities and Lancashire County Council
• Full Post Build Estate Completion package carried out on highways.
• Extensive resident liaison carried out and resident queries monitored via social media.
• JLES legal team managed legal works to implement short form Section 38 Agreement.
• Apx. 4,650m2 of final surfacing completed with appropriate resident access at all times.
• Negotiated transfer of sewers to Vesting without a 12-month maintenance period.
• Due to the depth of the excavations & the size of the pipes, there were many complex health & safety issues and our engineers had to ensure they were always working to the correct regulations.
• A large road closure during the excavation and surfacing works, meant the traffic flow had to be managed closely & effectively.
• Regular vibration monitoring was required due to the location of drainage lengths, ensuring our works did not impact nearby properties.
• Our engineers had to work around difficult utility crossings in the highway when completing a full-length relay of 520Ꝋ pipe.
"We appointed JLES to progress the sewers to adoption and undertake the final surfacing and estate completion works via their fixed fee – zero extras package. All works were completed 3 months ahead of schedule and they even managed to progress the sewers straight to vesting with no maintenance period. JLES’ constant on-site presence proved very beneficial in dealing with any urgent queries for our residents, I would definitely recommend them to other developers."