JLES Central were appointed as Specialist Contractor to complete all outstanding highway and sewer works.
The project was awarded on a ‘Consult and Construct’ basis with JLES completing all outstanding works as; Main Contractor, Managing Agent and Technical Consultant. The scheme had been built in the previous year and required completion to satisfy the residents and adopting authorities. Prior to the commencement of the works, detailed liaison and investigation works were required to determine Worcestershire County Council's requirements for adoption.
The scheme involved:
- • Completion of binder course replacement & final surfacing throughout as well as general S38 remedials
- • Extensive traffic management to allow binder replacement/final surfacing works
- • Remedial works to BT box/ducts to obtain developer rebate
- • WPD diversion works
- • Completion of street lighting remedial works
- • Manhole chamber remedial works Sewer & Highway drainage traditional dig down repairs
- • SuDS Easement management
- • Large Estate Completion project consisting of extensive highway and sewer remedial works and final surfacing to the entire development
- • Lump sum, fixed cost contract to achieve maintenance of the S38 & S104 Agreements
- • Works only invoiced upon Local Authority / Water Company written acceptance
- • JLES appointed as Principal Contractor and Main Contractor
- • Supervision and Management of project
- • Adopting Authority liaison
- • Resident Liaison and Customer Care package
- • Consultancy and technical support work to satisfy outstanding Severn Trent Water and Worcestershire County Council design requirements
Due to the development only having one point of access and egress, extensive resident liaisons were required to ensure the binder course and final surfacing were completed with minimum disruption.
"We appointed JLES on a fixed fee basis to drive
through the adoption of a difficult large scale
legacy project. They managed the entirety of the
road and sewer adoptions process on time, and to
the satisfaction of both CALA and the adopting
authorities, without any hidden additional costs."
"JLES have successfully undertaken a demanding residential estate completion project at Hagley on behalf of Cala Homes. The works were completed to adoptable standards in a timely and professional manner, despite Covid restrictions, and included significant liaison with existing residents and strict accordance to Health & Safety standards all undertaken successfully despite the restrictive working requirements. Many thanks for your assistance on this scheme."