Taylor Wimpey approached JLES to investigate / review this project, as it had been reported that the Surface Water sewer network had not been constructed in a water company approved pipe material. The manholes required extensive remedial works due to non-conformation to sewers for adoption specification.
Due to the apparent extent of sewer works required throughout the development, none of the highway surfacing or estate completion works had previously been completed and all required finalising to allow adoption by Lancashire County Council.
JLES were appointed on a Consult and Construct basis with a view to concluding all required works to complete the scheme to the relevant standards and progress the sewers and highway to adoption.
- • Extensive sewer replacement involving a majority relay of the surface water sewer network throughout the entire development due to incorrect pipe material being used (sewers 4m deep and 525Ø)
- • Liaison and negotiation with United Utilities and Lancashire County Council
- • JLES provided a turnkey "consult and construct" service
- • Full Post Build Estate Completion Package provided for highways
- • JLES appointed as Principal Contractor
- • JLES appointed as Main Contractor Full resident liaison, including social media interaction
- • Management of legal works to implement short form Section 38 Agreement
- • Apx. 4,650m² of final surfacing whilst allowing full resident access around the development
- • Negotiated transfer of sewers to Vesting without a 12 month maintenance period
- • Complex health & safety issues due to the depth of the excavations and the size of the pipes.
- • Road closure during the excavation and surfacing works, meant the traffic flow had to be managed efficiently.
- • Regular vibration monitoring was required due to the location of drainage lengths ensuring our works did not impact on nearby properties
- • Utility crossings in the highway provided difficulties when completing a full length relay of 525Ø pipe.
"We appointed JLES to progress the sewers to adoption and undertake the final surfacing and estate completion works via their fixed fee – zero extras package. All works were completed 3 months ahead of schedule and they even managed to progress the sewers straight to vesting with no maintenance period. JLES’ constant on-site presence proved very beneficial in dealing with any urgent queries for our residents, I would definitely recommend them to other developers."